Friday 25 April 2014

Divergent or The Hunger Games?

Hello!

Happy Friday! I hope you have had a lovely week and are looking forward to the weekend as much as I am! Being a Friday, it's MOVIE NIGHT! Actually, I watched Divergent last week and wanted to tell you all about it! Long story short: it's a good movie! Better than Hunger Games? Well, read on to find out!
1 // 2
Having started reading the book, it was one I had not got round to finishing, simply because I got bored. Weirdly enough, the same had happened with The Hunger Games - I started reading the book but never finished it.

Many people have compared the two movies due to the similarities in genre and same target audience. I, for one, loved Hunger Games Catching Fire - mainly due to the ending of the movie where (spoiler alert) the place catches fire. The reference to this and the title of the movie got me excited so it ended on a happy note, I guess!

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from Divergent. I thought it'd just be another movie, not so special, yet average. Boy, was I wrong! I loved it! It was surprisingly good - even though the ending was quite cliché. I loved the way that Tris picked up her game and the message 'work hard, play hard' was shown throughout the movie. Also, it shows that people are not one dimensional, they do not have one trait but various traits of different amounts.

Overall, I did prefer Divergent over Hunger Games. Maybe because I felt that the Hunger Games was also overhyped about before I saw the movie, and I guess it was a bit of a let down. Compared to Divergent, which I didn't think much of, so it did exceed my (low) expectations.

Well, are you Team Divergent or Team Hunger Games? 
PIN BUTTON