Monday 11 August 2014

Motivation Monday: You are Enough

Hello! 
"To not just choose that happiness, but to feel it"

Happy Monday! There hasn't been a Motivation Monday in a very long time yet having read a post on The Tig, a site mentioned in this post, I felt the need to share. 

The Tig is run by Meghan Markle, also known as Rachel from the TV Series Suits! The idea behind her blog post was just so relatable and I couldn't agree with her more.. so here are some snippets from her post

"I am happy. And I say that so plainly because, well…it takes time. To be happy. To figure out how to be kind to yourself. To not just choose that happiness, but to feel it"

"iconic saying from Jerry Maguire -"You complete me” – frankly, isn’t true"

"I must have been about 24 when a casting director looked at me during an audition and said “You need to know that you’re enough. Less makeup, more Meghan.”"

" That five pounds lost won’t make you happier, that more makeup won’t make you prettier, that the now iconic saying from Jerry Maguire -"You complete me” – frankly, isn’t true. You are complete with or without a partner. You are enough just as you are."

Okay, I'm going to stop now before I basically copy the whole thing - but you have to read the full post here

It is such a post that would make you step back a little and think that life is much more than comparing yourself to others, it is about loving who you are right now and forever.. to remember that YOU are ENOUGH. 

So tell me: Do you believe that YOU are ENOUGH? 
PIN BUTTON