Monday 9 March 2015

The Ideal Bracelet | FASHION


Hello!

"Is there such thing as a perfect piece of jewellery? Yes, I think there is."

While rummaging in my bedside cabinet I found this beauty. Hold on. Let's take a step back. I never really open my bedside cabinet, as everything I need is usually on the top (i.e. a good book, a magazine and a candle!). However, when opening the cabinet, I found the lovely bracelet pictured above, and I realised how much I missed it.


I used to wear this bracelet every day about a year and a half ago. Back in school, we weren't allowed to wear jewellery other than a pair of stud earrings, but I always used to wear this bracelet and was rarely ever caught. When it came to college, where you're allowed to wear whatever you want, I never wore it. Oh, the irony

"it has meaning to you, and nobody else needs to know why it means so much."

The bracelet was actually from my mother. She used to wear it all the time when I was a child, and I distinctively remember thinking it was beautiful. A while back, she gave it to me - not in any sentimental way or anything, just because she never really wore it anymore! Either way, I still think it's lovely and since these pictures were taken, it hasn't come off


I think everyone has that one piece of jewellery that goes with everything, and that you could definitely wear everyday. You know the one I mean, where you've kind of forgotten that you got it on in the first place? Where it has pretty much become a part of you. 

"it has pretty much become a part of you." 

Is there such thing as a perfect piece of jewellery? Yes, I think there is. Sometimes, I believe that simplicity is the key. Kind of like a tattoo, where it has meaning to you, and nobody else needs to know why it means so much. In the end, it almost makes you feel... content.


Just like how a tattoo can be made just the way you want it, you can with jewellery too! The picture above is another bracelet that I 'designed' that would be ideal to me. It's got sapphire, which is my birth stone, and has diamonds on a base of gold - what luxury! Although I designed a bracelet, you can also design your ideal diamond necklaces, rings or earrings on Anjolee.com. The quality of the diamonds and stones are adjustable, and they come with a certificate to prove their authenticity. 

Do you have a piece of jewellery you wear all the time, or that you always reach for? What's the story behind it?

PIN BUTTON