Monday 8 December 2014

Starbucks Gingerbread Latte - Christmas Blend: The Verdict


Hello!

"'Christmas Blend' version of the Gingerbread Latte, would I say it was worth it?"

It's that time of year when the red cups come to town. No, I do not mean the red cups you see used at every party in American TV shows, but the oh-so-famous festive Starbucks Coffee cups. With the new festive season comes 4 new flavours and here's where I tell you about one of them...

"I'll give you my top pick of the 4... and I'm telling you now, it's not going to be number 1"

Not really been one that needs a daily Starbucks fix, but scoring myself a new job in London meant there's a Starbucks every 10 steps (literally). Just outside work, there's a Starbucks, the first thing that caught my eye when I went out for a breath of fresh air during lunch break. How could I not, hey? Spent an extra 20p to get the 'Christmas Blend' A.K.A. medium roast version of the Gingerbread Latte, would I say it was worth it? Oh yeah. The coffee was lovely, not too strong but just strong enough to keep you fighting the cold air around you. The gingerbread taste itself? Very ginger-bready. I liked it but would rather go for the toffee nut latte again - which was another one I tried the previous day (didn't I say I don't need a daily Starbucks fix?). Although I didn't get a nice enough photo of that one, I'll write a blog post the next time I get it.

"coffee was lovely, not too strong but just strong enough to keep you fighting the cold air around you."

The gingerbread latte, full on with the whipped cream and all, did do itself justice and is not a bad drink at all. However, by the end of the festive season, I'll give you my top pick of the 4 they've released and I'm telling you now, it's not going to be number 1.

Overall, a lovely drink to have in hand if you're a huge fan of gingerbread (duh!) , but of all the festive flavours to choose from, I'd say don't get this one. However contradictory this may sound, just trust me on this!

Have you tried the festive flavours yet? What's your festive drink of choice?
PIN BUTTON