Tuesday 25 June 2013

Fourth of July Fashion/Outfit Ideas




Hello! 

As you obviously know, July is quickly approaching! June has sped by so fast, but I want more sun!
So, July means hot weather, parties by the pool and many celebrations. A HUGE celebration is the Fourth of July. Now, I am in no way American, living in England Fourth of July is just another ordinary day in July for me, but I am in love with the idea of dressing up all patriotic for this day! I wish we had something similar like this in England. Hey, this is kind of like the Diamond Jubilee but every year - so I'm assuming there are street parties in America on this day! Oh, how I was I could be there!

Anyway, even though I can't be there, I did go ahead and imagine what I would wear on this fun-filled occasion if I were American! So I put together 3 outfit ideas for those of you who are celebrating on this day:

1. Casual, Girly: Circle Skirt, Denim and Lace

All these outfits are going to be based around the 'Red, White and Blue' colours, of course, so for this outfit I chose a Red Circle Skirt, a White Lace Top and a Blue Denim Shirt!
The circle skirts are currently in full blast and are available from practically any store at the moment and they look so cute. Not only that, they are practical for the hot weather too! This would look cute with a cropped top or a lace one. The denim shirt could be worn on top of this with the buttons undone for a laid back look. You could even tie the shirt around your waist if it's too hot or tie a cute knot in front to add a flirty vibe. This cute denim shirt has stars on it if you want to be even more patriotic!
White wedges and a white accessory like the watch really tie the look together!

2. Simple but eye-catching Dress

A Red dress with White and Blue floral print detailing - what could be more perfect? This lovely dress from TopShop also has a dainty lace cutout around the waist which shows a little skin but isn't too revealing. I chose to pair this with the same white wedges and then you could throw on a gold necklace. If you're feeling very patriotic go for the Big Eagle statement necklace or a small feather for something more dainty!

3. Shorts and Keds!


This is probably the most casual outfit of all three, with the same Lace top as earlier, a Red Rebecca Minkoff side bag and Red, White and Blue polka dotted Keds! They're so cute and girly, aren't they?
Denim shorts are a total go-to for Fourth of July as they are comfortable, suited to the hot weather and of course, Blue! I feel the lace also gives it a lovely girly vibe and lace is totally a popular print that I personally love (I'm wearing a lace top as I'm writing this, actually!). 

So, I hope you Americans have a wonderful day on the Fourth of July and who says we English can't wear this either, I mean the patriotic colours are the same?! I might just wear a red, white and blue outfit on 4th July just for the fun of it! 

So wherever you are situated in the big, wide World, I hope you enjoyed this Outfit Ideas post and let me know if you would like to see more!

xoxo,
BerryBloomXO

*Click on Links of the described items to be lead to where you can buy + Image Source
1. Skirt: DKNY, Lace Top: Forever 21, Denim Shirt: Forever 21, Shoes: New Look, Watch: Michael Kors
2. Dress: TopShop, Shoes: New Look, Eagle Necklace: TopShop, Feather Necklace: H&M 
3. Shorts: New Look, Lace Top: Forever 21, Bag: Rebecca Minkoff, Shoes: Keds
PIN BUTTON