Saturday 29 June 2013

Nail of the Day: Summer, Christmas Blue?

Hello!
I'm back with a nail of the day post! Now that it's officially summer as of June 21st (Well, June 24th for me, which was my final exam and then the start of summer vacation!) I like to experiment with brighter colours that catch my eye when looking through my nail polish collection.

So, I was browsing through my collection and this colour caught my eye:


Maybe it was the bright lid that caught my attention or maybe the actual colour itself. It's a gorgeous blue colour with non-chunky glitter of gold and silver. It reminds me of the foil effect nail polishes too and I believe it was part of that line. This colour is a limited edition Barry M Nail Paint called 'Christmas Blue' (shade 247). What? Christmas Blue? You may be thinking that's silly of me to wear in the summer! However, to me, it looks more like a summery blue!


I guess it's a colour that could be used for both seasons but for me, it stood out for the summer, reminding me of the oceans and the glitter is just a fun touch! I don't really know, what do you think, is it more of a summer or winter colour?

*2 coats to achieve an opaque colour 

It is more of an icy blue, so I guess the idea of this being a winter shade comes from that, yet, for winter, I see myself wearing darker colours rather than light, so yes, in my opinion it's definitely more of a summer shade!

What do you think?

xoxo,
BerryBloomXO
PIN BUTTON