Friday 10 April 2015

Movies in the Cinema | Spring 2015


Hello!

source 1/2/3/4
"feel the magic as you're watching a Disney movie on the laptop, but the cinema brings out something quite different."

They say movies are perfect for the fall and winter, snuggling up with a blanket and enjoying a flick or two. Although it's now Spring, the weather's not that much better and let's be honest, a movie is good anytime of the year!

It may feel like I've totally been living under a rock when it comes to new movies, but passing the Cinderella exhibition in Leicester Square last week reminded me that the new movie releases have not stopped since the Hunger Games Mockingjay came out!


Speaking of the Hunger Games, a similar style of movie has hit the big screen. Insurgent, the next movie in the Divergent series, is currently in cinemas.
Although I was a fan of Divergent, see that post here, I had no intention to see Insurgent any time soon. Whether that be because I'd rather see The Fast and Furious 7, or because I may have just completely forgotten that even Divergent existed. Yet, watching the trailer and seeing Theo James... that may have just changed my mind!
IMDB Rating: 7/10



Fast & Furious 7
The only one of the F&F series that I really remember is the third. Ask me about 1,2,4,5 or 6 and I'll put my hands up - nope, I've got nothing to say. Either way, the whole thing about this being Paul Walkers legacy has gotten to me. Plus I want to see if it's a noticeable change when they switch from Paul to Cody!
IMDB Rating: 8.2/10



Cinderella
Bellatrix from Harry Potter, a.k.a. Helena Bonham Carter, is the fairy godmother! How wonderful! Any Disney movie is lovely to see in the big screen. You can definitely feel the magic as you're watching a Disney movie on the laptop, but the cinema brings out something quite different. Disneyland? That's a whole other level, but for now, the cinema shall do!
If you are in the London area, do pop by the exhibition in Leicester Square. I didn't get a chance to go inside, but it did look pretty promising! Oh, and we saw a cute little girl dressed up as cinderella going into the exhibition and it was adorable!
IMDB Rating: 7.6/10

All in all, the movies out at the moment definitely seem worth a watch. Although Divergent wasn't my first choice when I first started writing this post, I may be leaning more towards watching it now! (That's the effect of Theo James, my friend!)
What's the movie that's currently on your 'to-watch' list?
PIN BUTTON