Monday 13 April 2015

The Lucky One - Nicholas Sparks | BOOKS


Hello!

"Many times, I caught myself physically smiling as I was reading"

Everyone knows of the oh-so-famous Nicholas Sparks based movies. You know, the ones with Ryan Gosling, Liam Hemsworth, Channing Tatum and in this case, Zac Efron. I must say, good choice of actors! Although I had known of the films, and watched a few in my day, I never really thought about picking up the book. Then came a day I decided to take a read of this one, and I've never looked back.

"yet there's something about it that just makes real life seem that much more magical"

Seeing as I hadn't yet watched the movie, I thought it'd be a good idea to flick through the book first. Let me tell you, once I picked it up, there was no way I was putting it down. I must admit, the moment I read about Thibault, Zac Efrons' face jumped into view, and he totally fits the character. Thibault is an awesome guy. He's done so many great things but is so modest. I don't know what is it about those kind of characters, but they are my favourite. So every time his good nature was mentioned, it made me feel somewhat 'warm and fuzzy' on the inside. Many times, I caught myself physically smiling as I was reading. And that's just one of the myriad of things I liked about the book.

"I don't know what is it about those kind of characters, but they are my favourite"

The overall story is quite interesting. It really does make me believe in destiny, and as cliché as it may sound, I guess I am a believer of fate. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand how this is a book and only a story, not real life, yet there's something about it that just makes real life seem that much more magical. Am I going crazy? I don't really know what it is, but the book gave me a sense of hope, the idea that 'good things are to come' - okay, this is just proving how much of a dreamer I really am!

"Then came a day I decided to take a read of this one, and I've never looked back"

I'm going to watch the movie and give you a verdict, was the book better than the movie? Keep your eye's peeled for that post later on in the week! However, to round this post off, let me just tell you, if you're looking for a nice escape, a good read and overall a lovely story rammed in a neat little book, this one is for you! 

Tell me, what do you think of Nicholas Sparks' books, any suggestions?
PIN BUTTON