Monday 8 June 2015

Paper Towns, John Green | BOOKS


Hello!

"almost as though the book is written with the idea that Cara will play Margo"

After hearing about Cara Delevingne getting into acting, I had to read this. Why does Cara have anything to do with Paper Towns by John Green? Well, she's going to be acting in the movie. I guess a model acting doesn't sound like anything new - anyone going to see Rosie Huntington-Whitely in Mad Max and the Fury Road? Yet, there's something about John Green and Cara colliding that made me feel as though something is not right... until I read the book.

"If I was reading it in public, I'd probably seem like a lunatic"

The minute (or should I say line) that Margo Roth Spiegelman popped up in the book, I knew it was going to be Cara's role. It's almost as though the book is written with the idea that Cara will play Margo. The fun, adventurous and super pretty but care-free girl - yep, that seems a lot like Cara. Although I (obviously) don't know her personally, it's what I'd expect her to be like.

"It's the ultimate movie-in-your-head"

The book is out-of-nowhere. By that, I mean it's a super random storyline, and it seems like things like that never happen in real life - i.e. breaking into Sea World? But it is super fun to read, and there are parts when I actually found myself laughing out loud and smiling. If I was reading it in public, I'd probably seem like a lunatic. Either way, if you're up for a super fun, enjoyable and want a book you can't put down, then this is the one.

"there's something about John Green and Cara colliding that made me feel as though something is not right... until I read the book"

It's the ultimate movie-in-your-head about an ordinary guy taken away on an adventure. "Margo Roth Spiegelman loved mysteries so much, she became one" - I think that sums up enough without giving too much away. Oh, and having just watched the trailer, it seems very much like the book - a lot of the lines are exactly the same as in the paper copy. It's also quite amusing to see how Cara pulls off the American accent! All in all, a great read, and after having read Abundance of Katherines by John Green a matter of weeks ago (which I did not finish by the way, so didn't review it for you), my expectations for this was low. Yet, it did not disappoint!

Here's the Trailer:



Have you read Paper Towns? What do you think of the trailer? 
PIN BUTTON