Friday 22 May 2015

A Walk to Remember, Nicholas Sparks | BOOKS


Hello!

"They're right when they say he has a special flair with writing - he really does"

A little while ago I told you about my experiences with The Lucky One (see post here). It was a no-brainer to pick up another Nicholas Sparks book, and this was the one that I chose. Quite frankly, it's another movie I have not yet seen, so I wanted to flick through the book before watched the film. Was it as good as The Lucky One?

"It was cute, romantic and heartwarming"

Well, it was another easy read - one that I found I did not get bored of, and I get bored of a lot of books quite easily. If it keeps me on my toes, and I'm not thinking about stopping reading mid-book, it's a good one!

"this one leaves a little more to your imagination"

It had the Nicholas Sparks flair you'd know and love if you've read a book by him before. It felt personal, as it was written in the form of Landon retelling his 17th year, which made it more relatable. It was cute, romantic and heartwarming to see the character grow as the storyline developed. It really does make you realise that there is more to a person than what meets the eye - and it's completely true.

"an overall lift in my mood after every reading session"

Slightly different to The Lucky One, this one leaves a little more to your imagination. I do like the shocks you're given throughout the book, which just leaves you wide-eyed wanting to read on to the next chapter. It was another one of those that you just cannot put down. Yet, when you do put it down (because your eyelids give up on you right before bed), you're left with a smile on your face.

"just leaves you wide-eyed wanting to read on to the next chapter."

I tend to connect a lot which characters in a book that I'm reading, and as weird as it sounds, if they're having a bad day, I feel a little low too, and if they're super happy, I'm super happy.
Put it this way, this book caused an overall lift in my mood after every reading session - and I loved it.

Great book, but if you're to choose one Nicholas Sparks book to read, I'd say go with The Lucky One. Maybe it's because of my slight obsession with Zac Efron, or maybe it's due to my admiration for the character Logan (the protagonist of The Lucky One) - either way, my love for The Lucky One was not taken over by this one. Nonetheless, I enjoyed reading both, and am now officially a fan of Nicholas Sparks. They're right when they say he has a special flair with writing - he really does.

Have you read any Nicholas Sparks books? What do you look for in a book? 
PIN BUTTON