Wednesday 13 May 2015

Spring Festive Décor | featuring EASY DIY


Hello!

" grab a glue gun, some flowers and possibly some fabric to create an array of beautiful Spring decor"

"April Showers bring May's Flowers" is what they say, and as we're in the middle of May, I thought it'd be a nice idea to bring those flowers into our homes. Pinterest is a great source for fun and simple DIY ideas that look super cute - so doing a roundup of a few favourites seemed like such a festive post to write in May.


Ca we just take a moment to look at this. How stunning? Of course, you can use fake flowers if you want it to last longer, but either way, it's so pretty! A hot glue gun can produce masterpieces (though you don't necessarily need a hot glue gun, it looks pretty cool to work with ;) ).


Mason Jar's have made their debut this past year, and I must admit, they're super cute and oh-so versatile! This ombré affect looks wonderful, and the hydrangeas are beautiful. Luckily we have a few hydrangea plants in our garden (see picture here), so as soon as they grow, this will be a lovely way to display them!

"you could totally gift it to someone, and I'm sure they'd love it!"

I have a thing for wooden furniture, and I love the way this looks. In fact, although I'm a bit of a glass fanatic too, the contrast of the modern glass with the wooden piece would look gorgeous (ideas for my future home..).


Have you seen the little hanging succulents around instagram? This reminds me a little of that. Oh, and what cute little way to up-cycle old light bulbs?!

"what better way to make the perfect quote pillow than make it yourself?"

As well as having a thing for wooden stuff, I have a thing for cushions. If you've seen my bed, I have about 7 pillows, which might be a bit excessive for some, but I love it! For those on the same wavelength as me, you can never have too many pillows, right?

Pillows with quotes are lovely and inspiring, and what better way to make the perfect quote pillow than make it yourself? You can choose your own fabric, particular shades of colour and your favourite quote! Using Spring prints and pastel shades will look beautiful during this season!

So why not grab a glue gun, some flowers and possibly some fabric to create an array of beautiful Spring decor to spruce up your home. Even better, you could totally gift it to someone, and I'm sure they'd love it!

Tell me, what are your favourite DIY's to do with flowers? Oh, and your favourite type of flower?
PIN BUTTON