Monday 20 July 2015

The Awkward Moment, Pitch Perfect 2 and Love, Rosie | MOVIE REVIEWS


Hello!

source 1, 2, 3
"It's a rollercoaster of emotions and a movie that's my favourite"

There have been many-a movie reviews on BBXO recently, but you seem to like it (*I hope so, otherwise this is quite annoying!*), but I had a movie day a little while ago so decided to combine the 3 reviews in one. We watched That Awkward Moment (only because Mr Zac Efron was in it, and who would say no to Zac time?), Pitch Perfect 2 (how could you not?) and Love, Rosie (Lily Collins is absolutely stunning!). In case you're either running out of movies to watch, or just want to hear my thoughts, read ahead and then conclude whether you should add the title to your movie list! 


That Awkward Moment



 Like I mentioned earlier, and in The Lucky One Movie Review (link here), I have a slight ('kay, a lot) obsession with Zac Efron. The movie? It was good. Just good. It wasn't amazing and of the 3 titles we'll talk about today, it most certainly wasn't the best. The movie is quite light hearted, funny and has a cute story line where 3 guys bet to stay single but all have secret love interests whom they could commit to but won't due to the bet.
To keep things short and sweet, it's not a movie I'd really recommend you to see - I mean, it's a good movie, but don't go out of your way to watch it. There are much better movies out there (see: The Duff).
My Rating: 6.5/10

Pitch Perfect 2



 Before I start with this, let me tell you, there's going to be a Pitch Perfect 3 in 2017. Okay, moving on, Pitch Perfect 2 (let's call it PP2), is a sequel to Pitch Perfect 1 (duh!), where the Barden Bella's try to win the World Championships after winning the National Title in PP1. However, after a disaster where pants are ripped and President Obama, and the world, gets a full view of places that shouldn't be viewed, the Barden Bella's are no longer allowed to compete, and years of the tradition in the school of the Barden Bella group is shattered.
Overall, the songs are good and I like that they have new groups of singers singing too. The storyline is pretty predictable and I'd like to say it's a typical 'Disney Movie'. It is, however, feel-good chick-flick material so worth a watch during girl's night! PP1 was, in my opinion, better than PP2, nonetheless, I will be looking forward to PP3, just to see what happens to the girls, really! Oh, and Fat Amy is hilarious!
My Rating: 7/10

Love, Rosie



This movie I wasn't expecting much of. I do, however, have a special place in my heart for British movies/shows (Sherlock, anyone?), so I had a bit of a soft spot for it. It did smash my expectations and was a lot better than I thought.

 It's about these 2 friends that have been inseparable since the age of 5, and come teenage years, they get pressured into situations that lead to a change in the life of the two. Both had decided to go to Boston to study near each other, yet Rosie had to stay behind. As an audience we are screaming at the screen, yelling for them to just GET TOGETHER, but the protagonists see themselves as only friends - not realising that they belong together.
We're thinking "for goodness sakes, can you just tell each other how you're feeling?!" yet as both parties feel the other think of them as just friends, they're both afraid to speak up.

I don't know what it is, but I feel it's totally relatable and we've all been there to some extent. It is, again, a great chick-flick, and it may just lead you to tears.

You'll be shocked, surprised, crying of sadness, laughing and crying of happiness. It's a rollercoaster of emotions and a movie that's my favourite of the 3 mentioned today. If anything, watch this one this summer (or even right now, why not?)!
My Rating: 8.5/10

There you have it. I do realise I went into way too much detail than I was expecting, but, if you can't be bothered to read through the detail, you can always check the number on the rating part (every little helps ;) ).

Do you agree/disagree if you've seen any of the movies? Oh, and any recommendations?
PIN BUTTON