Friday 12 September 2014

BerryWeekly: A Day At London Zoo

 Hello!
' Having never heard of these unusual creatures, I was intrigued. I must say, they had amazing legs!'

With the amazing weather in England at the moment, what better place to go to than the.. you guessed it.. ZOO! London Zoo has been known as the kindergarden trip - and that was the last time I had gone. Fast forward a couple of years and here we are again! 

'He was (to my surprise) very big and that cage was just too small'

First up was the Aquarium and Reptile House... neither of which I got good photos of (the lighting in those things is not good!), and didn't interest me too much. You probably didn't know this about me but I used to be a goldfish owner - but that and looking for 'Dori' fishes were as far as my interests went with the Aquarium! The Gorillas, however, were much more 'up my alley'

Seeing the gorilla in the cage like this made me sad. Poor Kumbuka didn't look too happy and I wish I could have set him free. He was (to my surprise) very big and that cage was just too small. He would only need to take about 8 steps and he's done the perimeter of the room. Though, it's quite cute that Mjukuu had a little crush on Kumbuka!


Llamas! Did you watch 'Zoey 101' and remember that episode with the llama?! 
Seeing these were pretty cool and later I spot them on a walk with a zookeeper around the zoo. Be aware: they smell... A LOT. 


Donkey's also smell. But they're super cute! Oh, and this camel had a loopy hump - didn't even know that was possible!

'If you've seen the 'compare the market .com' advert, you would know about meerkats.'

If you've seen the 'compare the market .com' advert, you would know about meerkats. They're so super cute and this one thought it was running a little meerkat meeting or something, standing on top of the rock like that! 

"we went during Tiger nap time"

Apparently we went during Tiger nap time. Three tigers were laying on top of a big tree and the daddy tiger laying near the glass where we can see it close up. His paw was huge! 

'was in the James Bond movie!'

Also, we saw some rather famous animals, this dragon (yes, it's actually called a dragon, how cool?!) was in the James Bond movie! There was also a snake featured in Harry Potter. 

'giraffe...looks like they're wearing falsies!'

Also, take a look at this 150 year old tortoise! He seems like a wise one. 
The giraffe was super cute too, they have the most gorgeous eyelashes - looks like they're wearing falsies!

'stripes were gorgeous and their little spiky hair looked adorable.'

Finally, we saw the zebras. They're breathtaking in real life. Their stripes were gorgeous and their little spiky hair looked adorable. In the same area as the zebras were the Okapi's. Having never heard of these unusual creatures, I was intrigued. I must say, they had amazing legs! The way the stripes blended into the rest of their body was so beautiful.

Well, that was pictures from the zoo! There were so many more taken, such as ones of teeny tiny monkeys, penguins and some taken in the deadly birds show. If you're thinking of going to London Zoo any time soon, I recommend the Deadly Bird's show - it is mind-blowing how well the birds follow their routines. 

Did you know camels can have a loopy hump?
PIN BUTTON