Monday 22 December 2014

Starbucks Peppermint Mocha: The Verdict


Hello!

"Luckily I ordered a tall, as I wouldn't have been able to have more than that."

Another edition of the red-cup Starbucks series, yet this time, it's not specifically a 'festive favourite', yet everyone orders it during this time of year. Though it was my first time ordering it, it'll most likely my last, and here's why:

The coffee not being as creamy as I'd like. Thanks to the Waitress member complimentary coffee, I have found a special place in my heart for cappuccinos - the frothy, milky beverage with a kick from the coffee is my go-to choice. This, being a mocha, I'd expect to have that kick, which it did, yet lacks the frothy milky-ness I am fond of. Unlike the toffee nut latte (my fav) and the gingerbread latte, this is a different kind of drink.

Where does the peppermint come in? Well, there's a hint of the mint after every sip and it makes me flinch. Luckily I ordered a tall, as I wouldn't have been able to have more than that. If you're a fan of the peppermint aftertaste, you may have a different reaction to this, but in my books, this is not one I'm a huge fan of. 

Are you a fan of the peppermint mocha? 
PIN BUTTON