Friday 12 December 2014

The Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 1 :The Verdict


Hello!

image source
"As my friend would say: 'The movie was just her whining all the time'."
Mockingjay is one of those movies that has mixed reviews. Many people were absolutely disappointed by how the movie turned out, and then there were others that loved it. Me? Well, I'm on the fence... and here's why:

The overall movie was not so bad. It had certain parts which really grabbed my attention, especially the ending... without any spoilers, let me just say: Peeta Mellark :O
There were, however, certain parts of the movie that were just simply a bore! Those parts were quite slow and had nothing interesting going on. As my friend would say: 'The movie was just her (Katniss) whining all the time'. So, this movie was definitely not as action-y as the other 2, and I'd day Catching Fire was better than this one, in my books anyway.

Gale's appearance was a lot more prominent in this movie, and who doesn't like a little Liam Hemsworth time? Although, Liam's character was kind of all over the place, and the voice you heard 85% of the time was Katniss'. The storyline didn't have much to it, either, but I did like the way they incorporated Peeta. I feel the messages they were also portraying about wars was also very good, and it gave you a hint of the true horrors that the people would have faced in World War 1 & 2 - pretty terrifying. 

To sum it up, a nice movie but not one I'd remember as the best of 2014.
What do you think of the series? 
PIN BUTTON