Wednesday 24 December 2014

The Christmas Tag: 2014


Hello!

"I have always wanted a puppy but was never allowed one, so one christmas I asked Santa for a robotic one"

With this week being jam packed with festive cheer, how could we not do the 2014 Christmas tag? Although not tagged by anyone in particular, I first read it from milkbubbletea.com and wanted to do it too! (see if you're tagged at the end). Let's get into it.. or should I say 'Let the sleigh bells ring' (okay, dead joke, I'm sorry!).

1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
How could one surpass Christmas without watching the iconic 'Home Alone'. My mummy loves that movie and we watch it every year. My fav bit is seeing the beautiful New York Christmas tree being lit up (Home Alone 2, I think it's in!) - oh, and that awesome toy store!

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Well, we have a tradition of opening the presents with my mum's sisters children (ie. my cousins), so it's either on Christmas Day or the 26th, depending on when we're all free. However, this year one of my cousins is going on holiday on the 25th , so we'll probably do it on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day... no set day, really - just a tradition to do it together. 

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
Every year our family get together at various houses on different nights and have 'cards night'. This is where we get together at around 7pm and play cards, watch movies and just chill until 3-4am in the morning. One year (think it was 2012), we were at my aunt's house for cards night on Christmas Day, and my two cousins and I stayed up until 6am and went straight to the boxing day sales. It was manic, with queuing for 3hours in the freezing cold, getting inside the stores and shopping like crazy and finally getting home at around 11am in the morning. We all slept like babies that day and didn't get up until about 5pm, and had another cards night at another uncles house at 7pm - it was super tiring yet fun at the same time. Definitely a crazy experience, but one of my favourites.

"spending time with the family, making my bedroom super festive and, of course, the annual cards nights!"
4. Favourite festive food?
Biscuits! My mummy and I bake during the holidays and make our traditional biscuits. Everyone loves them and it's fun spending quality time with my mum!

5. Favourite Christmas gift ?
Generally, Santa never surprised me. I either got money or something I asked for. One year, when I wasn't really expecting anything for christmas, there was a present for me under the tree. It was a pair of pink and white Heely's. These are basically shoes with wheels. We went out the very next day to Asda, just so I could hold on to the trolley and wheel around. Trust me, all the kids were jealous and I had the biggest smile on my face!

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
Spiced Apple or Vanilla... or the smell of freshly baked biscuits!

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Not really, other than watching Home Alone with the family! 

"One year, when I wasn't really expecting anything for christmas, there was a present for me under the tree"

8. What tops your tree?
 This year it's a sparkly red star!  

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I have always wanted a puppy but was never allowed one, so one christmas I asked Santa for a robotic one. Although I never got my puppy, Santa did buy me a robotic one which responds to your voice and walks around. There was also a sensor which means it doesn't walk into walls, and turns when it comes close to one! It was pretty awesome!

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Well, not to be typical or anything, but spending time with the family, making my bedroom super festive and, of course, the annual cards nights! 

I TAG:
- Rebecca (Rawrrbeccabeauty)
- Leah & Rachel (Beyond The Velvet)
- Monique (Writing Monique)
-Becky (Under The Sea Beauty)
- Ana (Meet Me @ 2AM)
-& YOU!

Wishing you a very happy holiday and tell me: what's the best part about Christmas for you?
PIN BUTTON