Friday 31 July 2015

New Shoes, Vintage Clocks, Movies & a Life Tip | BERRYWEEKLY


Hello!

"having dreams of owning something close to Khloe Kardashians heavenly shoe collection"

They say summer passes by in a flash, and they couldn't be more right! I don't know if it's because of the idea that we have 'all the time in the world' to do whatever we want to do, or if it's because we choose to spend our days doing practically nothing but somehow, the clock is running on super speed. To cherish every moment, we tend to resort to our handy dandy camera phones to capture memories - and that's exactly what BerryWeekly is all about. So here are the memories of the week!



"make my bedroom look that much more summer-festive"

New shoes! They say shoes are a girls best friend, and although I think it highly depends on the comfort and cuteness of the shoes we're talking about, these may possibly be my new best friend! I mean, we get along so well! They understand my crisis with being a soon-to-be VERY broke student yet having dreams of owning something close to Khloe Kardashians heavenly shoe collection. The beauties were on sale... and did I mention they're SO CUTE?!

"the ritual to crack open the popcorn kernel jar, whip up some popcorn and place it in a pretty bowl!"

My favourite thing about the summer months? The flowers in the garden are just so beautiful. We have multiple pink hydrangeas, so it's only right I take a piece every few days to make my bedroom look that much more summer-festive, right?!

"You know, the kind of stack Homer would devour for breakfast?!"

I love movies, but there are only so many I can watch in one period of time. Yet, when I do watch a movie, I'd like to make it such a good experience - a.k.a. making homemade popcorn, a snuggly blanket and the lot! So, when it was time for me to FINALLY watch The Theory of Everything, (which was a great movie btw) it was of course part of the ritual to crack open the popcorn kernel jar, whip up some popcorn and place it in a pretty bowl!

"totally inspired by Hanna Marin from Pretty Little Liars!"

American diners are definitely becoming a thing in London (remember the TinsleTown post?), yet I didn't know what to expect when it came to American-style Pancake places. First thing that sprung to mind was a stack of pancakes you see on The Simpsons. You know, the kind of stack Homer would devour for breakfast?!

Well, we went to the place and I ordered the Canadian Nut Pancake, which was a Peanut Butter sauce (MUCH yummier than it may sound) and nuts and stuff (as shown above). To my surprise, it wasn't served as a stack of pancakes, but like one large one. Unlike the 'pancake' we had this time last year (see that post here), which was more like a crepe, this one was light and fluffy. It tasted as good as it looks! Oh, and the green ice-cream? Yep, that's pistachio *yum*!

"the 'Ouch, I almost burnt my finger and nearly burnt the entire house down' situation"

Another thing that happened, I got a new phone case! I love switching up my phone case every-so-often. It's a nice and simple change you can do that's pretty affordable too (if you look in the right places *hello Amazon!* ;) ). In fact, the new phone case I got is totally inspired by Hanna Marin from Pretty Little Liars! Okay, it's not exactly the same, but pretty similar!

Speaking of things I got, we now have a vintage clock making itself at home in the study room. I love the way it looks, and think it adds dimension to the room - keeping to the cosy, library-esque feel (see a peak of the room here).

"resort to our handy dandy camera phones to capture memories"

Finally, let's talk about the product that has made my life a lot easier. As my life does consist of the almost daily ritual of lighting a lovely candle, the lighter has been one of the things I've purchased this week that's made me a happy human being. Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration, but boy am I grateful for this invention!

It doesn't have the weird burning smell a match would have when you blow it out, and I have not once came across the 'Ouch, I almost burnt my finger and nearly burnt the entire house down' situation ever since this baby has come into my life. 
So, if you're a candle fanatic, do yourself a favour and purchase this beauty! To help you out, here's a link to one on Amazon. 

So, tell me, what moments have you recently captured on that handy dandy camera of yours? 
PIN BUTTON