Monday 10 November 2014

The Cuckoo's Calling - J.K. Rowling under 'Robert Galbraith'


Hello!

"notice Strike's mind work in a million different ways, looking  at the faintest clues which (we) would disregard and think useless"

 You know those times when you're really into reading and read a million books in around 2 weeks? Well, I haven't had a time like that in a while, yet I did manage to finish reading this book in 3 weeks - I was up 3 hours past my 'bedtime' finishing it off last Tuesday, so you already know the ending is intriguing and a complete I-don't-want-to-put-this-down moment.

"I could see this story becoming a movie, and I hope one day, it does!"

The story is a murder mystery of a supermodel whom allegedly jumped off the balcony of her London apartment.  Former soldier, Oxford University student and now homeless private detective, Cormoran Strike (you better believe I had to sound out his first name every time it came up), has been asked to look into it further by no other that the supermodels brother.

Throughout the novel, you notice Strike's mind work in a million different ways, looking at the faintest clues which someone like me would generally disregard and think as useless. As a reader, you're curious to note why certain clues are so important to the detective, but worry not, it is amazing to see how it is all bought together in the final conclusion.

"a complete I-don't-want-to-put-this-down moment"

This is a novel which is read with a good flow, with the storyline vividly playing in your head like a movie, who needs the cinema, hey?! But seriously, I could see this story becoming a movie, and I hope one day, it does! It is fun to read and really grips you, although the ending creeped me out a little with the amount of detail J.K. Rowling (or should I say Robert Galbraith) went into, and the harsh 'reality' of the story.

Overall a good read! Definitely recommend it to you.
Are you a crime/mystery book fan or prefer another, less gory, genre?
PIN BUTTON