Monday 1 June 2015

5 Holiday Destination Ideas in EUROPE | LIFE


Hello!

"thought of the whitewashed buildings clinging on to the cliffs and the scenic views of the clear blue sea gets me drifting away"

As summer time rolls around, we're left on our toes thinking, 'Oooh, where in the world shall we go this year?'. Well, it might seem like an easy task to decide where to go, but let's be honest, it takes up way more time than it should just to pinpoint where to land.

I had that same dilemma when booking my holiday a few weeks ago. "Oooh I've always wanted to go to Thailand, but then there's New York, what about that? Hmm.. or maybe I'll just stick to Spain?" It had me going back and forth and I just couldn't decide! 

Hopefully this post will give you a few ideas and possibly help choose that destination, and if you're on the other side of the boat, having a mind blank as to what countries even exist now-a-days, then maybe this will get the ball rolling. 

source: 1,2,3,4
The beautiful country of Italy is quite the tourist destination. However, I feel Italy is known for Rome or Venice, and Sorrento doesn't get as much attention. It looks like it'd be such a beautiful place to visit, and the houses on the cliff look pretty cool! A coastal town in southeastern Italy where you can spend the day wondering around the centre 'Piazza Tasso' and spend your nights sitting by the 'Amalfi Coast'. Oh, and feel like climbing a mountain slash volcano? You can do that too. 

source: 1,2,3,4
Not going to lie, I had no idea this place existed until Snapchat had it in one of the 'stories'. The place where some event about racing cars is being held this year, but also the place that has incredible views. On the Snapchat story you got to see some of the beautiful homes and buildings in Monaco. Located just below France on the map, it is a place that deserves more attention. There's something about these small, yet utterly beautiful, countries that have not yet hit 'mainstream' that feels pretty special.

Go and visit the 'Jardin Exotique', which, believe-it-or-not, stands for Botanical Gardens! The cool thing about it? It's located on a cliffside and looks absolutely stunning (see here). You can also take a look at the Prince of Monaco's Palace or take a trip to the Monaco Opera House.

source: 1,2,3,4
France. Okay, I couldn't choose one area of France to visit because, well, just look at those pictures! Every part of it is stunning, and each part completely different. You can see the coastal rocks, the beautiful architecture and of course, the Eiffel Tower. 

If all else fails, and you find yourself getting bored of seeing all the 'Pyramide du Louvre's'  and the 'Mona Lisa's' - just take a trip to Disneyland! 

source: 1,2,3,4
Every time I mention that I wouldn't mind visiting Amsterdam people get a little wide-eyed and start shaking their head. No, I do not mean the red light district, people, but the beauty of the country. Having seen The Fault in Our Stars, it made me want to see the beautiful canal, Anne Franks house, the peaceful roads and everything else Amsterdam has to offer. 


source: 1,2,3,4
Remember me telling you about my dilemma with picking a holiday destination this year? Well, I was very, very close to picking Greece. The thought of the whitewashed buildings clinging on to the cliffs and the scenic views of the clear blue sea gets me drifting away even as I'm still at home.
Want to take a visit to Italy at the same time? Well, they say Ancient Akrotiri is the 'Pompeii of Aegean Islands' (Santorini is one of the islands of Aegean Islands).
Or take a ride on a donkey like the do in 'The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants'.

So, although I went for Egypt to go and take a visit to this year, these 5 places are definitely on my 'to visit-list'.
What do you look for in a holiday? Is it the landmarks, the beaches or the weather?
PIN BUTTON