Tuesday 30 July 2013

Nail of the Day: Blue Bling Geometrics

Hello!

I come in peace... with a nail of the day post! (I don't know why I said that...) Anyway, so this time when I decided to paint my nails while catching up on Pretty Little Liars - which I am LOVING by the way - I found myself wanting to do some sort of nail art - talk about multi-tasking!

 I firstly decided on using the colour orange with a silver but went ahead with the turquoise and silver combination instead, and I'm so glad I did! I also found some blue rhinestones that I could use to bling up my nails. I usually go for an accent nail on my ring finger but wanted to try something different - so this time around I bling-ed out all of my nails, this way my pinkie and other nails don't feel left out!


 I love painting my nails while watching YouTube videos or a TV show as I find my hands don't fidget around much while the nails are drying, meaning less chance of smudging - don't you just hate it when you spend forever doing your nails and then you smudge it or get prints on the nail? After all that time and effort... gosh!

Anyway, I received quite a few compliments on the nails, even today while I was at the store the woman asked if I did them myself or got them done, to be honest I had forgotten I had done my nails like this and was surprised at the comment - it was obviously a nice comment so I wasn't disappointed!


The thing is, the look is so simple to achieve that literally no tools were required! I simply used the nail brush itself to create the triangles and then stuck the rhinestones on - actually to make the rhinestone step easier I used a steel nail file but could have surely used my hands for this.


So yes, a simple but nonetheless lovely look to try out this summer, you could mix and match the colour combination too! By the way, you may have noticed this nail look in my smoothies post, which was yummy by the way.

Alright, so let me know what you think and other simple nail art that you love!
xoxo,
BerryBloomXO
PIN BUTTON