Wednesday 12 March 2014

SS14 Wearable Fashion Trends - From the Catwalk to your Wardrobe.

Hello!

The sun is ACTUALLY popping out from behind the clouds, and you know what that means? The SS14 Trends can go into action. Well, if you have been looking at the trends seen on the catwalk, not many are actually wearable for day-to-day, think Kendall Jenner and her nip-through top - not gonna happen.

Well, we still want to be wearing the trends seen on the runways and girls, when there's a will there's a way!

1. The trend that pops by every year! 
Links to Items: 1, 2, 3, 4
I love pastels, from nails to jumpers to handbags! I love the mix and match of pastel colours too, in this case the mint jumper with the pastel pink pants. To not bring the look to overload, I toned down the outfit with nude pumps - but to bring up the bling, the coral (pastel) and gold necklace felt like the perfect touch. This outfit is getting me excited for the summer!!

2. THE colour of the Season
Links to Items: 1, 2, 3, 4
 Yellow. The colour of sunshine, the colour of happiness. This bright colour is such a lovely one to put on during the warmer months. Being spotted as one of the hottest colours from OPI's new Summer Collection, this one is going to be huge. The black/yellow floral dress has a gorgeous neckline. I feel yellow works really well with gold jewellery and as this dress is almost sleeveless, I felt the arms would feel bare without a bracelet. The shoes kept simply but effective the black heels and obviously another HUGE pop of colour with the bag - which I love!

3. Keep it Pure 
Links to Items: 1, 2, 3, 4
White on White worked for winter and is set for the summer months too. I love the slight gold accent in this outfit on the belt. It would work well with the shorts, blazer and pure white top! The white shoes would make the outfit look like an overall dream.

4. TWO trends in One
Links to Items: 1, 2, 3, 4
The Wide-Leg Pants trends is a total new one. One which I am reluctant to try. However, it would work well with the geometric print top. Being it a navy colour with white detailing, I feel it works well with the white pants. To add a little more dimension to the outfit, the boxed black shoulder/hand bag seems like a perfect fit. To not draw attention away from the pants and geometric pattern, I paired the outfit with black flats.


I hope you enjoyed the 'from the catwalk to your wardrobe' edition of the Spring/Summer Fashions Trends and let me know what you think of the layout!

What's your favourite summer trend?


PIN BUTTON