Friday 14 August 2015

Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencils POTW | BEAUTY


Hello!

"I had my eyes on this beauty for the longest of timeI'm talking months."

Purchase of the Week (or POTW) had become quite a series on BBXO (Read: POTW Chanel No 5). Until, one day, I kind of forgot about it. Okay, there were hauls featured (Read: Summer Holiday Haul) but the tag POTW was forgotten. Well, now we're bringing it back. Full force and in action! What better product to kickstart this series again than the oh-so-famous NARS velvet lip pencil drugstore dupe (wow, that's a mouthful): the Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Pencil.

"I did also like the colour range, there's a nude, an orange, a coral, a few reds and a few pinks"

I had my eyes on this beauty for the longest of time. I'm talking months. But with exam season upon us when my obsession first began, I wasn't able to satisfy that need for this pencil... until now. Well, the wait was worth it, because I am LOVING this lip pencil.

If you're a fan of the velvet/matte finish (Read: Bourjois Velvet Rouge), this product is right up your street. The Bourjois Velvet Rouge had become my go-to lip product that I'd dab on for a soft, everyday look and apply a thicker layer for a bold, going out look. After reading the reviews of more Bourjois Velvet Rouge colours, I had found out the best formulation was with the shade 'Nude-ist', which was the shade I had. Therefore, I was looking for something with the same finish without lacking in the quality front. This seemed like the product for me.

Before I make this entire post about Bourjois Velvet Rouge (goodness, can I say that any more times?!), let's refer back to Color Drama. Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet is also quite versatile as it can be dabbed on for a softer, everyday look, or applied as a thicker layer for a bolder look.

"What better product to kickstart this series again than the oh-so-famous NARS velvet lip pencil drugstore dupe"

Be sure to have your lips moisturised before applying the product, though (something I should've done). In the bottom photo you can see the little transfer it has, and that was only a very short while after applying. So you don't need to worry about that mug lip stain!

All in all, a great product that won't break the bank (£4.99 each at Boots.com) and good for various occasions. I did also like the colour range: there's a nude, an orange, a coral, a few reds and a few pinks. You're bound to find something you like!

Tell me, what's your favourite finish of a lip product? Do you prefer a sheen, matte or something in between?
PIN BUTTON